What to do after you've been in an accident

MVA Checklist:

empty check box md File an injury report with the police - be sure to find out whether the accident falls within City Police or RCMP jurisdictions. Report the accident immediately.

empty check box md Seek out care from a primary health care provider (PHCP) within 10 days, i.e. chiropractor, physiotherapist, physician. You may begin treatment immediately and your insurance company will be billed directly.

empty check box md File appropriate forms with your insurance company. Forms are available through your PHCP, insurer, insurance broker, or you can download them right here >> ab-1.pdf

You have 10 days to complete this checklist for insurance claims to be approved for full coverage.

Scheduling An Appointment With Us

doubleangle 666 5pxblock lrIf you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident you will need to make an appointment for a brief, but thorough, examination.. Often, individuals involved in motor vehicle accidents experience minimal or no symptoms for the first few weeks and even months. It's important to not only receive immediate and appropriate treatment for any injuries sustained, but also to document the extent of the injuries, if present.

Failure to obtain a timely evaluation or appropriate treatment for injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident may negate your ability to receive monetary compensation for any future medical bills resulting from the accident, negate your ability to receive pain and suffering settlements, and negate compensation for work loss.

doubleangle 666 5pxblock lrIf you are visiting our office for the first time, we will have you fill out some paperwork of our own along with your insurance forms. You can come early to fill it out, or download the form and fill it out at home. New patient history.pdf

We Will Determine...

doubleangle 666 5pxblock lrWhen you come in, we will determine:

  • the extent of the injury or injuries
  • the number of estimated treatments required to treat your injuries
  • if referral to another medical specialist is required
  • if special tests are required (i.e. MRI, CT Scan, etc.)
  • if you need to take "injury time off" from work (and provide you with a note to present to your employer)

If you or someone you know has been involved in an accident, call (or have them call) our office immediately. The quicker you receive the care you need, the quicker your injuries will heal and the faster you can get on with your life. Don't delay, call today!